Role: Radiology and Diagnostic Bookings Coordinator
Team: Diagnostic Bookings
Reports to: Outpatient Manager
Key Contacts: Management team, appointments team, outpatient nursing and radiology team, reception team, patients, consultants, secretaries
Location: 9 Harley Street or other PHG locations as required
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
The purpose of the role
The Radiology and Diagnostic Bookings Coordinator will be directly responsible for delivering an excellent customer service to patients, consultants, secretaries, and clinical teams at Phoenix Hospital Group.
- To handle all enquiries from patients, referrers and consultants wishing to access services at 9 Harley Street, 25 Harley Street and Weymouth Street Hospital, to ensure they are dealt with promptly and professionally.
- To handle calls and work in a small call centre team to build and maximise business, whilst providing high end ‘Harley Street’ customer service
- To ensure all administration is completed to support the imaging and diagnostics bookings
- To support the reception and administration team as necessary
- To handle calls and work as part of the enquiry team, providing the first point of contact for Patients, Consultants, Practice Managers, handling all external enquiries via both the telephone and email
- To ensure all calls and enquiries are answered quickly, efficiently and within timeframes whilst providing a high quality and professional service and sign post calls to other departments as appropriate
- To update and manage the diary and to maintain/exceed a minimum booking rate (targets to be agreed) for all new consultations, diagnostics and procedure bookings
- To ensure all pre and post-operative appointments are booked as required
- Provide a highly efficient, easily accessible booking service for our customers
- Ensure all referrals and appropriate patient data is recorded onto the patient administration system.
- To ensure all payments, referral letters are taken within required time frames
- Administrative tasks associated with running imaging composing letters, reports and hospital packs
- Proactively manage the patient administrative pathway in the delivery of clinical services
- Ensure patient records are maintained and processed in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 as indicated in the company’s Data Protection Policy
- Assist in the provision of an efficient non-clinical service for the radiology and nursing departments
- Develop and nurture excellent departmental relationships with the nursing, imaging, front of house, finance and management teams
- Inform and advise senior staff of all matters affecting service delivery (in accordance with policy and established procedures) and patient care.
- Develop specialist skills in clinical pathways and transfer that knowledge to team members through training and supervision
- To manage the relationship with our systems providers: Biotronics, Lumeon and Clinic Office. Managing tickets and ensuring that service delivery issues are resolved. To work with the management team to develop the systems to support business requirements.
- To train new team members and in-house users of our systems.
- Work with all clinical and non-clinical staff within the business to provide an efficient and effective patient journey
- Working with the Imaging department, ensure patient radiology reports are completed within the 24-hour target.
- Any other reasonable request as requested by management.
Required skills & experience
- Educated to a GCSE standard as a minimum (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in Radiology and Diagnostic bookings
- Private health care experience preferable
- Understanding of diagnostics/ cosmetic surgery preferable
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act
- Switchboard experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Understanding of PACS and RIS
- Excellent telephone and customer service manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sales background preferable
The successful candidate will be highly organised, presentable and reliable. They must have a good understanding, ability and desire to deliver high end customer service with experience of managing customers concerns and complaints. They will be driven to meet and exceed targets whilst working together in a team environment. They must be proactive in their approach to ensure a smooth and superior service is provided whilst meeting targets and helping grow business, with the ability to work without direct supervision and determine own work priorities.
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Medical Insurance
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.