Role: Healthcare Assistant – (Ward, Out Patient & Diagnostics)
Location: Phoenix Hospital Group
The purpose of the role
- The Healthcare Assistant is under the supervision of a registered nurse
- To ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To assist in the pre-operative and post-operative care of patients
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
Working under the supervision of an RGN, duties will include:
- Assist with patient admission process
- Post-operative dressings (following competency)
- Monitoring the post-operative patient
- Chaperoning patients as required
- Ensuring all charges are recorded and processed accurately and in a timely way
- Support minor procedures i.e. ENT, dermatology and podiatry
- Maintaining patient rooms and stock in clinical areas ensure these are organized and welcoming to Consultants, patients and visitors
- Promote effective communication within the hospital
- Adhere to the hospital / clinic and nursing policies, procedures and standards
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Contribute to the achievement of the hospital budget by promoting the cost effective utilization of resources
- Report to the lead nurse any queries or concerns
- Support colleagues and work co-operatively to promote good team morale within the clinic
- Respond appropriately to telephone calls
- Be able to initiate clinic emergency policies and procedures
- Participate in personal development and appraisal system
- Become competent in the use of the in-house computer system
- Show initiative and work as a team
- Take a lead on problem solving when required
Required skills & experience
- NVQ level 2 or 3 or committed to working towards an NVQ award
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer care
- IT skills
- 1 – 2 years minimum experience in a healthcare or “caring” environment, within private healthcare would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic and committed, a team player, flexible, physically able to carry out the role, sensitive to patient and consultant needs
- Have Basic Life Support training
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford. Situated in Great Baddow, it is a modern short stay acute care hospital, registered for elective surgical admissions. The theatre and ward suite comprises 2 theatres with 8 day case units and 2 overnight rooms. The Out Patient services comprise 5 consulting rooms, treatment room and ultrasound room.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.