Role: Guest Support
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
The purpose of the role
Guest Support are there to ensure that each patient’s journey – from the moment they arrive to the time they leave us – is as smooth, comfortable and professional as possible. From escorting patients up to their room, to showing them around their room, to guiding them through the menu. Guest Support will work closely with ward staff, kitchen and front of house ensuring communication between all departments is maximized. The role requires flexibility and may sometimes require you to help out on Front of House.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- Confidently introducing yourself to all patients and asking patients how they would like to be addressed
- Checking patients file against registration form
- Going through below with all patients:
- Safe, emergency buzzer, call bell, air con, WIFI, lights, curtains, bed, bathroom, TV, guest info book
- Provide fresh jugs of water for patients
- Checking for dietary requirements and allergies
- Going through the menu with patients visitors
- Managing patient flow
- Reporting maintenance issues
- Checking on relatives/friends
- Communicating between kitchen, wards and reception
- Ensuring water machine cups levels are maintained
- Staff lunch list – updating kitchen
- Serving consultants
- Kitchen support
- Filing registration forms into patients file
- Checking with ward staff for any room changes and relaying back to kitchen
- Serving food to patients
- Assisting patients with eating when required
- Picking up trays
- Checking condiments etc are stocked up in both staff room and consultants room
- Serving food and checking all ok after 5/10 minutes
- Working closely with housekeeping advising when a room is ready for cleaning
- Prompt collection of trays
- Assisting with discharges – escorting patients to reception and assisting with bags/taxis
- Preparing menus for patients and consultants
- Ensuring fridges and cupboards are tidy in both staff room and consultants room
Required skills & experience
- To be smart and pay great attention to personal appearance
- To be able to impart information clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- To display a confident manner and demonstrate ability to stay calm and polite at all times
- To demonstrate the ability to work to a high standard, under pressure at times and possess a flexible working attitude, working alone or as part of the team
- To have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Be able to plan and prioritise own workload
- To be flexible and prepared to help in all areas administratively
- Be able to judge/differentiate between different patients eg culture
- No clinical involvement however ensuring all clinical queries are followed through with the relevant staff
- Familiarising yourself with consultants
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital, an acute care hospital, registered for 17 beds, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with a special emphasis in Cosmetic Surgery with some of the country’s leading NHS and Private Consultants using our facilities.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.