Role: Theatre Practitioner (Scrub)
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
The salary for this role is between £30,000 – £38,000 per annum + benefits
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to PHG Policies and Practice and Clinical Guidelines.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure continuity of clinical practice.
- Providing assistance to the surgeon/anaesthetist/nursing/ODP colleagues as required.
- Acting as member of the surgical scrub team either as a scrub or circulating practitioner.
- Co-operating with appropriate surgical staff to ensure correct positioning of patient for operative procedure.
- Co-operating with appropriate staff to ensure prompt collection and dispatch of specimens.
- Checking, witnessing and administering controlled drugs.
- Co-operating with appropriate departmental and ward staff in sending for patients to the operating department and returning patients to their wards.
- Participating in pre and postoperative visits when required.
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of how to use equipment safely and effectively.
- Promote adherence to and fully engage with the WHO Checklist and 5 Steps to Safer Surgery.
Required skills & experience
- Registered Nurse Part 1, 2 or relevant section of the register/registered allied health care professional
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a theatre scrub role
- Experience of working in the independent sector
- Evidence of Clinical competence and regular clinical practice
- Demonstrated awareness of importance of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Communicates effectively verbally, in writing and in electronic formats
- Communicates with patients and careers in empathetic manner
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital, an acute care hospital, registered for 17 beds, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with a special emphasis in Cosmetic Surgery with some of the country’s leading NHS and Private Consultants using our facilities.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.