Theatre Practitioner (Scrub)
Location: Phoenix Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex.
The salary for this role is up to £38,500 + benefits depending on experience
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of clinical care, and first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. You will be an enthusiastic and committed team player with a flexible attitude and physically able to carry out the role. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
The post holder will be based at Phoenix Hospital Group’s (PHG) Chelmsford Hospital Theatres department and will:
- Be a qualified nurse/ODP registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council/HCPC with an up-to-date PIN number.
- Work in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct/HCPC Standards of conduct and other professional guidelines.
- Provide expert, holistic care of the highest standard to both perioperative patients and their relatives within PHG.
- Act as an expert clinical resource within theatres and across PHG.
- Take direct managerial responsibility for the clinical area in the absence of or as delegated by a Team Leader, Lead Practitioner or the Theatre Manager.
- Assist in the leadership and development of junior theatre staff.
- Will contribute to the overall good of the organisation by being a positive role model and treat all staff, visitors, consultants and service users with courtesy and respect.
- Will undertake rotation across the specialities to cover the service where acquired skills allow.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to PHG Policies and Practice, Clinical Guidelines and national standards.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the needs of patients on an ongoing basis, coordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- To accurately assimilate and interpret clinical information about the patients’ condition, instigate appropriate remedial action and promptly report changes.
- Act as an expert member of the Scrub team.
- To act as a resource person to others, providing accurate information, advice and support to the multidisciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained reflecting both changes in the patient’s condition and the treatment delivered.
- To ensure that Clinical Guidelines are implemented and to be actively involved in auditing practice and developing action plans in conjunction with senior colleagues and the Clinical Governance Lead.
- To ensure that practice is evidence-based and with support assist in the development of policies and protocols within the clinical area.
- To support the process of continuous quality improvement, assisting in audits, etc to formally evaluate standards of care and assist in the implementation of changes in the light of such findings.
- Promote adherence to and fully engage with the WHO Checklist and 5 Steps to Safer Surgery
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford. Situated in Great Baddow, it is a modern short-stay acute care hospital, registered for elective surgical admissions. The theatre and ward suite comprises 2 theatres with 8 day case units and 2 overnight rooms. The Out-Patient services comprise 5 consulting rooms, a treatment room, and an ultrasound room.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.