Role: Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthetic)
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
The salary for this role is between £30,000 – £38,000 per annum + benefits
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to Phoenix Hospital Group (PHG) Policies and Practice and Clinical Guidelines.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure continuity of clinical practice.
- Providing assistance to the surgeon/anaesthetist/nursing/ODP colleagues as required.
- Acting as a member of the anaesthetic team.
- Co-operating with appropriate theatre staff to ensure correct positioning of the patient for the operative procedure.
- Co-operating with appropriate staff to ensure prompt collection and dispatch of specimens.
- Checking, witnessing and administering controlled drugs.
- Co-operating with appropriate departmental and ward staff in sending for patients to the operating department and returning patients to their wards.
- Participating in pre and postoperative visits when required.
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of how to use equipment safely and effectively.
- Promote adherence to and fully engage with the WHO Checklist and 5 Steps to Safer Surgery.
Required skills & experience
- 1st level Registered General Nurse or Registered Operating Department Practitioner
- Further relevant professional studies
- Post-reg Educational Qualification (i.e. Mentorship)
- Relevant degree level studies
- Demonstrable clinical expertise, relevant to the area/sphere of responsibilities
- Experience of working in the independent sector
- Ability to organise and manage day-to-day departmental activities and the activities of a large multidisciplinary team within this.
- Communication skills – able to relate and communicate with patients and staff at all levels and from different professions. Adapts communication style as necessary and is able to work with and through others.
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital, an acute care hospital, registered for 17 beds, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with a special emphasis in Cosmetic Surgery with some of the country’s leading NHS and Private Consultants using our facilities.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.