Role: Theatre Manager
The salary for this role is Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group which currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centres.
We are currently looking for Theatre Manager to join the team at Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the organisation and management of Theatres department by promoting and monitoring a safe and effective practice to enhance the patient/consultant experience. The post holder will provide a clear focus for clinical leadership and to be responsible for ensuring the provision of a high standard of holistic, patient centred care and will be accountable for coordinating patient care, the management of resources and performance of staff throughout the Theatres department.
Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Ensure effective communication between all stakeholders including hospital departments, and consultants.
- Establish yourself as a key member of the Hospital Management Team and drive leadership and collaboration between departments to ensure effective and efficient provision of health care services.
- Communicate and embed the vision and strategy of the Hospital.
- Participate in annual staff appraisal, staff development and in-service training activities.
- Ensure that staff attend and complete corporate and local orientation programmes, mandatory training sessions and annual updates.
- Facilitate staff to fulfill mandatory training, revalidation and CPD requirements and to maintain a professional profile.
- Facilitate clinical supervision and participate as appropriate.
- Take personal responsibility for promoting a safe environment and safe patient care by identifying areas of risk and following incident, Serious Incidents and Near Misses reporting policy and procedure.
- Lead on change management issues/projects for the department including the planned redevelopment and expansion of the theatre complex.
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- Ensure a welcoming, caring and supportive environment is provided for staff, consultants, patients and their family/visitors/carers.
- Ensure a clean and safe environment liaising with the Hospital Director for general services with regards to Cleaning Standards.
- A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
- Manage a team of nurses, health care support workers, allied healthcare professionals and other staff, supervising and supporting team members; co-ordinate the multidisciplinary team.
Required skills & experience
- Registered Nurse Part 1, 2 or relevant section of the register/registered allied health care professional
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience and managerial experience in a senior positions
- Experience of working in the independent sector is desirable
- Experience of effective budgetary management is desirable
- Evidence of Clinical competence and regular clinical practice
- Communicates effectively verbally, in writing and in electronic formats
- Experience in leading others and responding to learning needs
- Promotes, monitors and maintains best practice in health, safety and security
- Demonstrates understanding of and engagement with Quality programs, e.g. AfPP Audit pack
- Prioritises own workload and that of others
- Committed to providing safe, effective and timely patient- centred care in accordance with NMC Code of Conduct, Nursing & Midwifery Strategy and HCPC Standards of Conduct
- Able to manage a team including developing potential and performance management
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford. Situated in Great Baddow, it is a modern short stay acute care hospital, registered for elective surgical admissions. The theatre and ward suite comprises 2 theatres with 8 day case units and 2 overnight rooms. The Out Patient services comprise 5 consulting rooms, treatment room and ultrasound room.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now!