Role: Theatre Housekeeper
Location: Weymouth Hospital
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group which currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centres. It has ambitious plans to grow and is now keen to appoint an exceptional Theatre Housekeeper to support the next stage of its development.
- Cleaning and servicing of all hospital areas (clinical and non-clinical, including Theatre) to the required Phoenix hospital Group standards and in line with Phoenix Hospital Group procedures.
- Setting up of rooms in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Undertake any duties required of the housekeeping department
- Complete daily task sheets and submit to the Housekeeper Lead on a daily basis for auditing purposes
- Comply with room clean target times and any timing targets for cleaning of general areas
- Undertake deep cleaning of areas on a rota basis and/or according to the cleaning schedule
- Use cleaning chemicals and materials according to instructions, COSHH reports and Phoenix hospital Group procedures
- Use appropriate H&S signage at all times to notify employees, patients and visitors that cleaning is in progress
- Maintain the store/housekeeping cupboard in good order and replenished as required
- Report defects/faults to either the Manager, Head of Surgical Services or Director of Operations
- Ensure the removal, laundering and rehanging of curtains as per the cleaning schedule or replace disposable curtains in all hospital areas
- Emptying and cleaning of waste bins throughout the facility in compliance with the safe and correct disposal of waste in accordance with Waste Policy and Infection Prevention and Control Policies
- Prepare admission/long term patients/discharge rooms as requested by nursing teams and the Manager
- Attend housekeeping and general mandatory training sessions to improve knowledge and skills.
- Report any lost or found property, undesirable or suspicious characters to the Manager, Head of Surgical Services or Director of Operations
- To maintain a harmonious and efficient working relationship with other members of the team
- Ensure the collection and appropriate handling of used (soiled and fouled) or infectious linen and the distribution of clean linen to wards and departments within the hospital
- Process linen in accordance with Phoenix hospital Group procedures and that any infectious linen in is processed in accordance with Infection Prevention and Control Policy
- Checking linen at all stages and segregating torn and damaged linen following the reject system
- Dispatch and movement of clean linen to wards and theatres
- Work shifts between Monday-Sunday 7.00- 22.00C
- Remain fully flexible to meet business demand- shift times may vary however will be advised in advance
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities
- Compliance with Phoenix Hospital Group Policies and Procedures relevant to this role, ensuring you are fully aware of your responsibilities within these policies
- Demonstrate awareness of regulatory requirements, taking appropriate action to ensure these requirements are implemented and adhered to
- To be aware of your responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. To ensure you are aware of your responsibilities, supporting policies and undertake the appropriate level of training for your role.
- Undertaking specific role related competencies and learning, ensuring 100% compliance of all relevant mandatory training within Learning Space timescales.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Hard working
- Friendly and courteous
- Works well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Competence in literacy and numeracy
- Good Communication skills
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous qualification in healthcare however not essential as external and in house training will be provided
- GCSE at grade A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now!