Job Type: Part time
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group which currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centres.
We are currently looking for Pharmacist to provide a high standard of pharmaceutical services across all Phoenix Hospital Group locations whilst consistently meeting the needs of all service users and all regulatory frameworks in a cost effective manner.
As a Pharmacist your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the Outpatient Clinical Pharmacy service is patient focused, responsive and appropriate and that the professional image of the department is upheld at all times
- Work in the hospital pharmacy, undertaking responsibilities required of a Responsible Pharmacist including ensuring that medicines are dispensed in a legal, efficient and accurate way and that appropriate clinical and other checks have been carried out
- Provide Pharmacist input into a variety of clinical areas including Aesthetics, Surgery and Outpatients
- Ensure patients are given appropriate counselling and information, regarding their medicines. To counsel patients on the use of their medicines and to counter-prescribe suitable medicines if necessary
- Ensure the sound management of pharmaceutical wholesaler accounts, developing good relationships with key stakeholders to drive cost efficiencies within the department
- Oversee and action stockings of medicines and fluids across the organisation
- Provide professional leadership in the pharmacy, ensuring all pharmacy practice, including their own, is within the boundaries described within the latest version of the Medicines, Ethics and Practice issued by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and General Pharmaceutical Council
- Ensuring individual patient needs are met and appropriate actions are taken to resolve issues as they aris
Skills and Experience
GPhC registration as a Pharmacist is essential!
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- Be able to work independently
- Detail-oriented and goal-focused
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Clinical and hospital experience desirable
- Experience of leading teams and managing a pharmacy as an R.P
- CPD portfolio
If you think you will be a great fit, please apply below!