Role: Superintendent Pharmacist
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group which currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centres.
We are currently looking for Superintendent Pharmacist to provide a high standard of pharmaceutical services across all Phoenix Hospital Group locations whilst consistently meeting the needs of all service users and all regulatory frameworks in a cost effective manner. The successful candidate will lead on the strategic development of Pharmacy Services across all current and future locations, ensuring that the pharmacy service is aligned to support the delivery of PHG’s aims and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Ensure that all practice relating to medicines optimisation adheres to the Phoenix Hospital Medicine Management policy and, where practice is found to be non-compliant; this is addressed through the relevant hospital processes.
- Manage record keeping, to ensure records are accurate, up to date and accessible, secure and confidential
- To develop a robust Phoenix Hospital Medicines Management framework ensuring the prescribing, procurement, receipt, stock control, security, supply, use of, safety and disposal of medicines are of the highest standard and are compliant with relevant policies, regulations and legislation.
- Manage the day to day activity of the pharmacy dispensary
- Negotiate best possible pricing to ensure pharmacy across all locations is cost effective
- Communicate any stock issues and proactively ensure appropriate alternatives are implemented to ensure no delays to patient care
- To ensure that stock levels of medicines, medical gases and intravenous fluids are adequate to cover the hospital requirements and that stock is stored in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Influence prescribing practice and medicines management within the hospital
- Attendance of quarterly Clinical Governance meetings
- To liaise with doctors, nurses and other staff to ensure a satisfactory level of patient care across the Group
- Support and guide the planning, development and delivery of a modern approach to pharmacy services across all PHG sites, ensuring any proposed changes are in accordance with corporate and clinical governance requirements
- Monitor drug usage and expenditure and provide pharmaceutical advice to enable informed decisions to be taken on appropriate and effective drug therapy within given resources
Skills and Experience
- Masters degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- Hold relevant post-graduate qualification in pharmacy (e.g., clinical pharmacy).
- Has relevant management qualification or demonstrable management skills
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
- Experience in the hospital pharmacy environment of which, in the last 5 years, at least 3 have been spent in a strategic leadership role within hospital pharmacy.
- Experience as either a Chief Pharmacist of a large district general hospital or deputy chief pharmacist (or equivalent) at a teaching hospital, or equivalent input to national strategies.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering a significant change agenda.
- Evidence of personal involvement in operational management, clinical and technical pharmacy service provision.
- Business planning with project and financial management Specialist Skills
- Good management skills and ability to lead and direct teams .
- IT competence in basic essential packages process evaluation skills
- Good understanding of current pharmacy service issues and a sound knowledge of the future medicines management development agenda
If you think you will be a great fit, please apply below!