Role: Senior Theatre Practitioner (Scrub)
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
The salary for this role is up to 42,000 per annum + benefits
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to Phoenix Hospital Group (PHG) Policies and Practice, Clinical Guidelines and national standards.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the needs of patients on an ongoing basis, coordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- To accurately assimilate and interpret clinical information about the patients’ condition, instigate appropriate remedial action and promptly report changes.
- Act as an expert member of the Scrub team.
- To act as a resource person to others, providing accurate information, advice and support to the multidisciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained reflecting both changes in the patient’s condition and the treatment delivered.
- To ensure that Clinical Guidelines are implemented and to be actively involved in auditing practice and developing action plans in conjunction with senior colleagues and the Clinical Governance Lead.
- To ensure that practice is evidence-based and with support assist in the development of policies and protocols within the clinical area.
- To support the process of continuous quality improvement, assisting in audits, etc to formally evaluate standards of care and assist in the implementation of changes in the light of such findings.
- Promote adherence to and fully engage with the WHO Checklist and 5 Steps to Safer Surgery.
Required skills & experience
- 1st level Registered General Nurse or Registered Operating Department Practitioner
- Further relevant professional studies
- Post-reg Educational Qualification (i.e. Mentorship)
- Relevant degree level studies
- Over 2 years’ experience in theatres
- Demonstrable clinical expertise, relevant to the area/sphere of responsibilities
- Previous experience of leading change in a clinical environment
- An understanding of HR processes and issues pertaining to staff management
- An understanding of issues in relation to finance management
- Ability to organise and manage day to day departmental activities and the activities of a large multidisciplinary team within this
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital, an acute care hospital, registered for 17 beds, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with a special emphasis in Cosmetic Surgery with some of the country’s leading NHS and Private Consultants using our facilities.
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.