Role: Senior Theatre Practitioner (Scrub)
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
The salary for this role is up to 42,000 per annum + benefits
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to Phoenix Hospital Group (PHG) Policies and Practice, Clinical Guidelines and national standards.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the needs of patients on an ongoing basis, coordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- To accurately assimilate and interpret clinical information about the patients’ condition, instigate appropriate remedial action and promptly report changes.
- Act as an expert member of the Scrub team.
- To act as a resource person to others, providing accurate information, advice and support to the multidisciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained reflecting both changes in the patient’s condition and the treatment delivered.
- To ensure that Clinical Guidelines are implemented and to be actively involved in auditing practice and developing action plans in conjunction with senior colleagues and the Clinical Governance Lead.
- To ensure that practice is evidence-based and with support assist in the development of policies and protocols within the clinical area.
- To support the process of continuous quality improvement, assisting in audits, etc to formally evaluate standards of care and assist in the implementation of changes in the light of such findings.
- Promote adherence to and fully engage with the WHO Checklist and 5 Steps to Safer Surgery.
Required skills & experience
- 1st level Registered General Nurse or Registered Operating Department Practitioner
- Further relevant professional studies
- Post-reg Educational Qualification (i.e. Mentorship)
- Relevant degree level studies
- Demonstrable clinical expertise, relevant to the area/sphere of responsibilities
- Previous experience of leading change in a clinical environment
- An understanding of HR processes and issues pertaining to staff management
- An understanding of issues in relation to finance management
- Ability to organise and manage day to day departmental activities and the activities of a large multidisciplinary team within this
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital, an acute care hospital, registered for 17 beds, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with a special emphasis in Cosmetic Surgery with some of the country’s leading NHS and Private Consultants using our facilities.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.