Role: Scrub Nurse – Outpatients
Work hours: Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays
Location: 25 Harley Street
The purpose of the role
- Provide effective leadership within the minor theatre at all times.
- Approve procedures/operations taking place in the outpatients theatre.
- Assist with procedures/operations under local anaesthetic and sedation.
- Be part of further development of the Outpatients Theatre.
- To ensure that standards of patients care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times
We are looking for someone who is positive, proactive and a good team-player. You must be organised, good at problem solving and enjoy a dynamic environment where things can change with short notice.
You must take pride in delivering a first-class service to patients and consultants. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
Key accountabilities & output
- Work autonomously and interact effectively within a multi- professional team.
- Assist consultants during theatre procedures.
- Approve procedures for the minor theatre and ensure consumables and equipment in stock for the case.
- Take a pro-active approach to the development of clinical skills within the clinic ensuring that practice reflects local standards and policies and are in keeping with relevant professional standards.
- Demonstrate clinical excellence in a variety of operations.
- Participate in the creation of protocols
- Demonstrate competencies in extended roles such as ECG taking, cannulation and venepuncture
- Be aware of the implications of any cancelled or declined procedures and clinics.
- Be aware of resource implications and aim for cost effective care delivery.
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- NMC registration
- Minimum 4 years post registration experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as scrub nurse
- Experience from the private sector a benefit
- Preferable experience within cosmetic surgery
- Skilled in venepuncture and cannulation
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer care
- IT skills
- An environment with teams that work well together
- Flexibility; we try to create a rota that suits you week to week
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days + bank holidays
- Healthcare Insurance
- Life insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Staff Referral scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at both 9 and 25 Harley Street, impressive outpatient and diagnostic centres dedicated to providing the highest quality of private healthcare.
If you think you will be a great fit, please apply below.