Role: Sales & Business Development Manager (Phoenix Pathology)
The salary for this role is Competitive + benefits
The purpose of this role is to increase pathology sales and maximise revenue for Phoenix Pathology, which is part of Phoenix Hospital Group.
You will have a good understanding of pathology laboratory services and ideally experience in pathology sales within the UK private healthcare market. You will have exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills combined with strong influencing, negotiating and contract management skills.
You will be part of a cohesive, supportive, and highly motivated team, who are passionate about providing quality pathology services and working collaboratively to increase commercial revenue but also revenue from self-paying patients.
Phoenix Hospital Group is a small, dynamic, fast growing independent private hospital group, centred in the Harley Street District, consisting of Weymouth Street Hospital and two outpatient and diagnostic centres located on Harley Street. All sites are renowned for taking patient care to a new level in London. PHG has also recently acquired a new hospital in Chelmsford, Essex, which has ambitious plans for growth.
- Create and implement a business development plan that will increase Phoenix Pathology revenue.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Pathology Services to identify and win new contracts and build strong relationships with customers
- Respond to incoming pathology related patient enquiries to maximise self-pay sales
- Manage and build relationships with prospects and convert into new customers
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to develop and implement marketing activities that will support sales and business development growth
- Generate regular reports to show the prospect pipeline and business growth status of the service
- Research developments and emerging trends in the pathology services to inform new business development and marketing opportunities
- Liaise with the finance dept. to create contracts for each partnership to ensure pricing and service agreements are in place
- Be an ambassador for Phoenix Hospital Group and to be champion for excellence in all activities
- Undertake such other duties commensurate with the position as directed by your manager and/or the Executive Committee
Required skills & experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, ideally in a clinical or biological subject
- Experience in pathology sales within the UK healthcare market
- A background in pathology or biomedical science would be ideal. However, other relevant medical sales environments and an understanding of pathology laboratory services would also be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of sales process lifecycle: identification, qualification and closing
- Business planning, budgeting and forecasting skills
- Ability to interpret data and create reports to inform business performance & growth
- Outstanding interpersonal, stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and accounts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, negotiating and contract management skills
- Microsoft Office skills (essential)
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Insurance
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.