Role: Receptionist (Bank)
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
Hours of work: bank, ad-hoc, typically shifts between Monday to Saturday
Pay rate – £11 per hour
The purpose of the role
We are looking for a Bank Receptionist to provide a highly customer-focused, front of house service to our guests and business partners. The Receptionist will ensure that our patients’ journey is effectively and discreetly managed.
Working to the policies and procedures the Receptionist will oversee the administrative pathway supporting the delivery of clinical services within the centre. They will look after any enquiries, patient registration, charging, billing and payments, patient record management and must have a strong level of data input integrity.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. You will be smart and pay great attention to personal appearance. You will display a confident manner and demonstrate the ability to stay calm and polite at all times and be able to impart information clearly and concisely, both verbally and written. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work to a high standard, under pressure at times and possess a flexible working attitude, working alone or as part of the team, have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and Be able to plan and prioritise own workload. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- To provide a highly customer focused front of house service to our customers and business partners attending the Centre
- To proactively manage the patients’ administrative pathway in the delivery of clinical services
- Ensure the accurate & timely input of administrative data within the company’s business administration systems to ensure the effective & efficient delivery of services
- To act as the coordinator of the patients’ journey during their attendance at the Centre ensuring clinical teams deliver a seamless service and the patients’ journey is effectively & discretely managed
- Ensure the public areas of the Centre are clean & tidy and reflect the standards expected of a high-quality medical facility
- Ensuring cash handling procedures are complied with
- To ensure invoices are raised in a timely fashion and all revenue is captured
- Manage the delivery of post & supplies arriving at site
- To remain vigilant of security and aware of all personnel, patients, consultants, visitors and staff entering the building at all times
- Assist in other areas of the Centre when necessary
Required skills & experience
- Evidence of a good standard of literacy & numeracy
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer-orientated approach
- Team Player
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy in administrative tasks with attention to detail and quality
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures
- Computer Literacy
- Experience in using computerised records systems
- Good negotiating skills
- Experience of working in a public reception
- Experience in dealing with telephone enquiries
- Experience in managing customers concerns and complaints
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Calm and professional approach
- Ability to work without direct supervision, determine own/others work priorities
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act
- Switchboard experience
- Sales experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience of working in a health care environment
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.