Role: Bank Radiology Healthcare Assistant
Location: Harley Street
The purpose of the role
- The Healthcare Assistant works under the supervision of a registered radiographer.
- To ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- To assist in management of all radiology patients and patients at Phoenix Hospital Group.
- To ensure a smooth patient journey for patients using the diagnostic services whilst supporting the radiographers and wider imaging and diagnostic team.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Supporting radiology examinations
- Preparing patients for scans
- Preparing scan rooms for patient exams.
- Post-procedure dressings as required.
- Supporting patients after the scan and escorting them from the exam room
- Helping to maintain equipment and reporting any faults
- Monitoring controlled areas and ensuring authorized access.
- Provide reassurance to patients
- Making appointments for patients as required.
- Chaperoning patients as required.
- Ensuring that discs are burned and imaged uploaded as required.
- Ensuring all charges are recorded and processed accurately and in a timely way.
- Maintaining the imaging department and ensuring these are organized, well presented and welcoming to Consultants, patients and visitors.
- Supporting minor procedures such as FNA’s. biopsies, guide wires and steroid injections.
- Ensuring that samples are sent off and results are received in a timely manner to both patients and consultants.
- Undertake DEXA scans
- Adhere to IR(ME)R regulations
- Maintain Continuing Professional Development
- Report incidents to the RPS
Required skills & experience
- NVQ level 2 or 3 or committed to working towards an NVQ award.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of customer care.
- IT skills.
- 1 – 2 years minimum experience in a healthcare or “caring” environment, within private healthcare would be an advantage.
- Enthusiastic and committed, a team player, flexible, physically able to carry out the role, sensitive to patient and consultant needs.
- Ideally have outpatient experience.
- Ideally have experience in an imaging department and understand the different protocols for each diagnostic machine in the department.
- Have Basic Life Support training.
- Willing to work towards any new skills as appropriate for the department.
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
9 and 25 Harley Street This role is based at both 9 and 25 Harley Street, impressive outpatient and diagnostic centres dedicated to providing the highest quality of private healthcare.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.