Location: 25 Harley Street
The salary for this role is up to £36,000 + benefits
The purpose of the role
The Pre-Assessment Nurse will ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times. They will work as an autonomous practitioner with specialist skills, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care within protocols.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of clinical care, and first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. You will be an enthusiastic, confident and committed team player with a flexible attitude and physically able to carry out the role. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
Key accountabilities & output
- To work as an autonomous practitioner with specialist skills, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care within protocols
- Undertake a risk assessment for the patient anaesthetically and surgically in conjunction with the names Anaesthetist and admitting Consultant
- Carrying a caseload and organise own workload
- To act as the named nurse to all patients within the pre-assessment service
- To undertake a nursing assessment, obtaining a detailed past medical history and ordering of appropriate clinical investigations
- Once assessed, to identify patients at risk and invite for assessment in person, perform investigations and referrals as necessary
- Implement intervention based on the results of the assessment and investigations
- Undertake MRSA screening, Covid-19 PCR swabbing, phlebotomy, ECGs and patient vital signs
- Identify cultural requirements, communication and other special needs
- Obtains further specialist advice as required
- Undertake a role in health promotion
- Advise patients on their pre-operative medication requirements in conjunction with specialist advice
- Maintain accurate patient records, completing documentation to ensure seamless multidisciplinary communication
- Ensure 100% compliance with hand hygiene and infection control policy and procedures.
- Develop and implement service protocols on nationally accredited guidelines and valid research from recognised bodies
- Participate in a continuous audit of the pre-assessment service
- Compile reports as required to communicate efficacy and shortcomings of the service to the Senior Management team
- Report all incidents and complaints to the Line Manager and ensure the appropriate documentation is completed.
- Ensure all equipment used is maintained in good working order and its location monitored
- Ensure adherence to requirements from external bodies such as PROMS, and the National Joint Registry Education
- To support the wider nursing team when the need arises
- Assist in phlebotomy, post-operative care and advice
- Proactively support external clinics/secretaries in booking their patients for any appropriate diagnostic tests and referrals within Phoenix Hospital Group
- Identify any clinical/diagnostic gaps within Phoenix Hospital Group which would support patients and consultants and ultimately increase business revenue
- Working closely with ward and theatre managers to ensure appropriate skillset within the clinical staff to manage any individual patient cases
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required and requested by the Outpatient Nurse Manager, pre-assessment Lead Nurse and/or Director of Operations
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- Registered Nurse
- Post-registration experience in a surgical environment essential
- Experience in a private hospital environment would be an advantage, but not essential
- Ability to work confidently unsupervised
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at 25 Harley Street, an impressive outpatient and diagnostic centre dedicated to providing the highest quality of private healthcare.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.