Role: Pre-Assessment Healthcare Assistant
The salary for this role is between £23,000-£26,000 per annum (depending on experience) + benefits
The purpose of the role
We are currently looking for a Pre-Assessment Healthcare Assistant/Admin/Phlebotomist.
To assist the pre-assessment patient pathway ultimately ensuring patient safety, appropriate discharge planning and prevention of same day surgical cancellations.
Perform appropriate diagnostic testing where necessary and support the development of referral pathways.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- To work closely with the pre-assessment nurse, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care within protocols
- Undertake a risk assessment for the patient anaesthetically and surgically
- Carrying a caseload and organise own workload
- Assist patients in filling out the pre-assessment questionnaire
- Implement intervention based on the results of the assessment and investigations in the pre-assessment of patients
- Undertake MRSA screening according to infection control policy
- Identify cultural requirements, communication and other special needs
- Obtains further specialist advice as required
- Undertake a role in health promotion
- Advise patients on their pre-operative medication requirements after instructions from the pre-assessment nurse
- Maintain accurate patient records, completing documentation to ensure seamless multidisciplinary communication.
- Assist in phlebotomy and other pathology services
- Ensure 100% compliance with hand hygiene and infection control policy and procedures.
- Respond appropriately to telephone calls.
- Assist pre-assessment nurse in developing and implementing service protocols on nationally accredited guidelines and valid research from recognised bodies
- Ensure adherence to requirements from external bodies such as PROMS, and the National Joint Registry Education
- To support the wider nursing team when the need arises
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required and requested by the Nurse Manager and/or Clinical Director
Required skills & experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a healthcare assistant within a surgical or a complex speciality.
- Experience in a private hospital environment would be an advantage, but not essential
- Ability to work confidently unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and committed, a team player, flexible, physically able to carry out the role, sensitive to patient needs
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.