Role: Outpatients Nurse Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience plus excellent benefits
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group currently operating hospitals London and Essex. It has ambitious plans to grow and is now keen to appoint an exceptional Outpatients Nurse Manager to lead the nursing services across our outpatient campus in Harley Street.
The job holder will be responsible for the daily operations of the nurse department in outpatients and supervision of the nursing personnel. Working closely with our broader clinical team, the successful candidate will provide strong leadership and ensure the delivery of a safe, timely, high quality care.
You will need to be a highly efficient, forward thinking individual who is an outstanding communicator and problem solver. An ambassador of the highest quality and credibility, the job holder contributes significantly to the ongoing success of Phoenix Hospital Group.
Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Establish the components of Clinical Governance within the outpatient nurse department according to the clinic strategy.
- Ensure policies relevant to covered area are set, reviewed, and updated and that all Clinic policies are adhered to by all members of staff within the sphere of influence.
- Identify, develop, and support staff training needs within the department in line with organisational objectives.
- To ensure that standards of patients care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the nursing team
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times
- Ensure that each member of the teams are following company policies and protocols at all times
- Work autonomously and interact effectively within a multi- professional team.
- Be aware of resource implications and aim for cost effective care delivery.
- Assist with the collation of comments and complaints within the Clinic and formulate action plans to address identified issues.
- Ensure promotion of well-being and safety for the patients, staff and other visitors to the clinical area.
- Ensure that documentation and record keeping is comprehensively maintained.
- Participate in the orientation of staff from all areas of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Ensure safe staffing numbers
- Lead recruitment of staff within the outpatients nursing team
- Provide clinical supervision and support to all team members
- Where needed, assess and treat patients post-operatively
- To build and supervise a nursing team and support for governance
- Where needed, assist with venipuncture and cannulation
- Assist and where needed take lead in medical emergencies
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a 5 star service environment is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a team
- Experience in a supervisory role managing staff
- Good communication, presentation and outstanding organisational skills
- Flexible approach to staff development, skills mix and working practices
- Familiarity with CQC inspections and processes
- Budget management experience
- Strong sense of patient focus and delivering exception customer service in a hospital setting
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Insurance
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.