Job Title: Ophthalmic Technician
Company: London Eye Diagnostic Centre (LEDC)
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Location: 25 Harley Street
London Eye Diagnostic Centre (LEDC) is a unique eye centre providing both diagnostic services and medical consultations in ophthalmology. We are looking for an Ophthalmic Technician to join our team.
The Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for performing diagnostic procedures on patients who attend the Centre.
Additionally, they will be responsible for the maintenance of the computer systems/network at LEDC Ltd, ensuring that all systems are functioning and well maintained; act as Laser Protection Supervisor for LEDC; and ensure the good working order and safety of LEDC equipment.
As with other staff, they will be required to provide basic administrative assistance to LEDC, and to work closely with the organization to deliver quality ophthalmic care and diagnostic services to patients in line with CQC, Health & Safety, Employment and any other legislation.
- Carry out assessments and diagnostic tests for patients
- Assist nursing and medical staff to carry out tests and procedures
- Knowledge of the following techniques desirable (training can be provided)
Visual field testing
- Humphrey / Esterman Automated Perimetry
- Goldmann Manual Perimetry
- Measure patients’ spectacle corrections and interpret this information to select the correct lens for visual field testing
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Digital Fundus Photography
- Auto-Fluorescence Imaging
- Fluorescein Angiography
Intraocular pressure measurement
- Visual acuity (Complog / Snellen / LogMar)
- Ishihara colour vision
- Maintain safety and good working order of equipment as per LEDC Policy
- Responsible for Laser Protection for LEDC (training will be provided)
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the management team
- Assist LEDC Reception
- Take phone calls / assist with queries for diagnostic tests
- Make appointments for diagnostic tests and consultations
- Provide clinic lists for Front of House Reception
- Prepare patient’s files
- Log in invoices for diagnostics
- Participate in own yearly appraisal
- Assess own educational/training needs and explore opportunities for maintaining and updating own professional knowledge and skills.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Proven experience of working within a similar practice
- Experience of working in a business-oriented, commercial and customer focused environment
If you think you will be great fit for this role, please apply below!