Role: Medical Secretary and Bookings Coordinator (Maternity cover)
Hours: Maternity cover, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Harley Street
The salary for this role is up to £28,000 per annum (depending on experience) + benefits
The successful candidate will be highly organised, presentable and reliable. They must have a good understanding, ability and desire to deliver high end customer service. They will be driven to meet and exceed targets whilst working together in a team environment. They must be proactive in their approach to ensure a smooth and superior service is provided whilst meeting targets and helping grow business.
- To handle all enquiries from patients, referrers and consultants wishing to access services at 9 Harley Street, 25 Harley Street, Weymouth Street Hospital and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford, to ensure they are dealt with promptly and professionally.
- To ensure all administration is completed to support the secretarial services, bookings, imaging and diagnostics.
- To support the reception and administration team as necessary.
- Patient liaison – liaising with patients, consultants, and all necessary parties to coordinate the patient’s entire journey from initial enquiry right through to follow up consultations, procedures, internal and external referrals and results handling. Being the primary point of contact for patients and all staff.
- Co-ordination and administration of incoming & outgoing patient referrals.
- Information management: creating and maintaining accurate medical records on the PMS in line with GDPR.
- Coordinating with all parties involved in treatment delivery.
- Confirming the timing, preparation and other relevant details of all appointments each day with patients and clinicians.
- Liaising with internal & external service teams regarding bookings.
- Transcribing of medical reports to ensure the fast turnaround of said reports and efficiently organising any follow up items required – including follow up appointment, treatment coordination, medication orders, prescriptions.
- Diagnostic bookings appointment coordination.
- Providing training for new administration staff.
- To support the Weymouth Direct team to meet agreed targets for Self-Pay providing customer service and call handling expertise.
- To ensure all calls and enquiries are answered quickly, efficiently and within timeframes whilst providing a high quality and professional service.
- To update and manage the diary and to maintain/exceed a minimum booking rate (targets to be agreed) for all new consultations, diagnostics and procedure bookings.
- To ensure all pre and post-operative appointments are booked as required.
- To ensure all payments, referral letters are taken within required time frames.
- Any other reasonable request as requested by management.
- Adapting to the constant changes quickly & effectively to minimise impact on involved parties.
Required skills & experience
- Educated to a GCSE standard as a minimum (or equivalent)
- Private health care experience preferable
- Excellent telephone and customer service manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and organisational skills
- Understanding of diagnostics / cosmetic surgery preferable
- Sales and medical secretary backgrounds preferable
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.