Role: Materials and Stores Assistant
The salary for this role is Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group which currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centres. It has ambitious plans to grow and is now keen to appoint an exceptional Materials and Stores Assistant to support the next stage of its development.
The post holder will assist the Purchasing and Materials Manager his or her Deputy in the management of the all issues relating to the Phoenix Hospital Group stores and the general provision of all consumable materials, equipment and spares.
Duties include but are not limited to
- To support the Hospital by ensuring the efficient running of the Stores, comply with the standing Financial Instructions of Phoenix Hospital Group policies and procedures.
- Carry out all stores duties including receiving goods. Checking against PO’s and invoices, audits and stocktaking.
- Maintain stock at designated levels including stock rotation.
- Responsible for checking all goods and consumables and examining for any physical damage before being appropriately stored.
- Responsible for ensuring goods are booked out against appropriate signature and cost centre with minimum delay and to suit the needs of the business.
- Responsible for maintaining records of goods held against minimum and maximum quantities, supplier, delivery, cost, location etc.
- Responsible for ensuring orders are processed with suppliers to meet the agreed delivery dates.
- Responsible for advising the Purchasing and Materials Manager on stock quantities, redundant stock, new items required and deliveries.
- Responsible for maintaining the stores as a safe working environment ensuring all goods are correctly stored and the area complies with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Delivering and collection of stores and equipment within Phoenix Hospital Group and local hospitals.
- To check in equipment from maintenance staff using a booking in and out system.
- As part of this role act as authorised signature for the receipt of goods.
- To manage all audit arrangements including annual stocktaking and liaison with external auditors.
- To ensure accurate records are kept, both computerised and hardcopy as appropriate, of all stores transactions.
- They will familiarise themselves with all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, which apply to their place of work.
- They will adhere to the Rules and Procedures for securing a safe workplace and will draw management’s attention to any associated problems or hazards that affect the Health and Safety of them and others.
- To undergo training to obtain technical information required for them to carry out their duties.
- Will plan and organise his/her daily work and co-ordinate with other members of the department and hospital staff.
- Providing support in facilities as and when needed
SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT:
- The post holder will need to be able to organise, identify and record stock held, using both a Manual and computer system.
- Stores duties stock control and operating computer system
- Must conform to the hospital policies, including national and local legislation.
- Supervision is minimal
- Responsible for prioritising daily-allocated work.
- In general statutory / mandatory or hospital policy will govern the work procedure.
- Guided by clearly defined occupational policies.
- To plan and organise day-to-day allocated work and co-ordinate with departmental heads to arrange works to be carried out.
- Working autonomously and using own initiative when required.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with the above.
- Trained to undertake PAT testing
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL DEMANDS OF THE POST:
- Required to be physically fit in order to exert moderate physical effort for short periods of time.
- Occasionally required/engaged in the lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy items over 15kg in weight.
- Occasional exposure too physical and emotionally distressing circumstances.
- Occasional exposure to emotional and sensitive working areas.
- Required to cope with the demands of a busy theatre department both mentally and physically.
- Working around patients ensuring that the work carried out does not compromise their safety, health or comfort.
- The Post holder will work in an environment with limited natural light.
- The storage enclosure has a limited isle width to work within.
- Potential exposure to body fluids, i.e. blood, urine.
- Occasional exposure to un-pleasant conditions working outside in inclement weather.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.