Role: Lead Scrub Nurse
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
The Purpose of the Role:
- Adherence to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct and other professional guidelines.
- Provision of expert, holistic care of the highest standard to both perioperative patients and their relatives within Phoenix Hospital Group.
- Serving as an expert clinical resource within our theatres and across the Group.
- Taking direct managerial responsibilities for the clinical area in the absence of, or as delegated by, a Lead Practitioner or the Theatre Manager.
- Assisting in the leadership and development of all theatre staff.
- Contributing to the overall welfare of the organization by being a positive role model, treating all staff, visitors, consultants, and service users with respect and courtesy.
- Undertaking rotation across the specialties to cover the service where acquired skills allow.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about delivering top-notch patient care. If you’re motivated by delivering a first-class service and find satisfaction in doing so at the end of each day, you’re the right fit for us. Your sensitivity towards patient and consultant needs will be at the heart of everything you do.
- Upholding the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Promoting and maintaining high standards of individualized nursing/ODP care in line with PHG Policies and Practice, Clinical Guidelines, and national standards.
- Leading the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patients’ care, coordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- Acting as an expert member of the surgical scrub team.
- Serving as a resource person to others, providing accurate information, advice, and support to the multidisciplinary team, patients, and their relatives.
- Ensuring accurate records are maintained reflecting both changes in the patient’s condition and treatment delivered.
- Implementing Clinical Guidelines and actively participating in auditing practice and developing action plans.
- Supporting continuous quality improvement through audits and evaluation of care standards.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse/ODP with active NMC/HCPC registration.
- Post-registration educational qualifications, such as mentorship.
- Relevant degree level studies.
- Demonstrable clinical expertise relevant to the role.
- Proven experience of leading change in a clinical environment.
- Experience working in the independent sector is desirable.
At Phoenix Hospital Group, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients in a very supportive environment. We encompass two London outpatient centres, 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex). This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital.
We focus on planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with an emphasis on Cosmetic Surgery. Some of the country’s leading NHS and Private Consultants utilise our facilities. If you believe you would be a great fit, apply now to join our dedicated and professional team.