Role: Hospital Porter
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
Salary: – £18,000 to £20,000 depending on experience + benefits
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group which currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centres. It has ambitious plans to grow and is now keen to appoint an exceptional Porter to support the next stage of its development.
We are looking for a Hospital Porter to help run an professional, efficient & friendly Portering Department and support the clinical team to deliver the highest standards of care.
- Ensure that all clinical waste bins are locked at all times.
- Assist with internal transfer of patients.
- Clear reception area of deliveries when required.
- Attend Cardiac Arrests when Bleep indicates.
- Assist the theatre team in the positioning and transfer of patients in the theatre department.
- Assist the theatre team in the cleaning of theatre and associated equipment.
- Change medical gas cylinders and ensure medical gases on wards are maintained.
- Attend all requirements with relevant clinical procedures within the hospital.
- Be accountable for own standards of work.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Attend appropriate training sessions to improve standard of practice.
- Attend all mandatory training sessions.
- Actively participate in quality assurance programmes.
- Perform any other duties as required and deemed competent to do so.
- ‘The job holder will comply with all PHG information policies in relation to the conduct of his or her role’.
- Fault reporting according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Support clinical staff with the safe handling and movement of clinical specimens.
- Promote effective communication within all department areas.
- Adhere to the hospital policies, procedures and standards.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Report to the appropriate nurse any patient related information.
- Support colleagues and work co-operatively to promote good team morale.
- Work as part of the Portering Department and liaise closely with colleagues & Patients to provide an efficient Portering system.
- Actively work to maintain the standards set by The Care Commission.
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent with a minimum of English Language.
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.