Role: Hospital Director – Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford
Location: Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford
Salary: Highly Competitive (dependent on experience)
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group which currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centres. It has ambitious plans to grow and is now keen to appoint an exceptional Hospital Director at Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford to support the next stage of its development.
With responsibility for the strategic, financial and day-to-day running of the hospital and providing leadership and management across all operational areas, the successful candidate will be an experienced, highly motivated professional with impeccable credentials, a focus on integrity and delivery with extremely strong and demonstrable leadership skills. The job holder is the key ambassador driving engagement and collegiate working with all stakeholders. Ensuring both quality and financial targets are met, and facilitating the development of quality healthcare services, the successful candidate ensures that they respond to the changing needs of stakeholders and patients, and also reflect market trends and evidence based practice.
Key Duties include
- Overall leadership and management of the hospital and the multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring the delivery of outstanding care and operational performance.
- Leading on the strategic development of the hospital, ensuring adherence to the Group’s objectives and business plan.
- Promoting and enhancing the hospital’s reputation for care and service.
- Acting as CQC Registered Manager and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory standards.
- Leading the team including recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.
- Facilitate the cost effective management of the operational delivery at Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the delivery of services ensuring safe practice and a culture of learning and openness.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To manage 3rd party clinical service providers where appropriate (such as RMO provider).
- To work in partnership with and support the Group Chief Executive when required.
- To maximise commercial opportunities through collegiate working with Consultants and other partners
- An excellent track record in a management role within the healthcare sector (essential)
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Management qualification (desirable)
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills both verbal, written and presentation and excellent listening skills, including facilitation.
- Good financial awareness and control
- Ideally a Registered General Nurse with active PIN and recent clinical experience
- Knowledge of the Health & Social Care Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Human Resources, including interviewing, performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes such as disciplinary
- Experience of leading service and/or transformational change
- Ability to motivate and lead staff to deliver operational objectives and standards
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
This role is based at Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford. Situated in Great Baddow, it is a modern short stay acute care hospital, registered for elective surgical admissions. The theatre and ward suite comprises 2 theatres with 8 day case units and 2 overnight rooms. The Out Patient services comprise 5 consulting rooms, treatment room and ultrasound room.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.