Healthcare Assistant (Ward)
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
The salary for this role is from £21,000 – £23,000 per annum + benefits
The purpose of the role
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, the Healthcare Assistant will ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times. They will promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors to the hospital and assist in the pre-operative and post-operative care of patients.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of clinical care, and first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. You will be an enthusiastic and committed team player with a flexible attitude and physically able to carry out the role. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
Key accountabilities & output
Working under the supervision of an RGN, duties will include:
- Assisting with the patient admission process
- Post-operative dressings (following competency)
- Monitoring the post-operative patient
- Chaperoning patients as required
- Ensuring all charges are recorded and processed accurately and in a timely way
- Support minor procedures i.e. ENT, dermatology and podiatry
- Maintaining patient rooms and stock in clinical areas ensure these are organized and welcoming to Consultants, patients and visitors
We also expect the Healthcare assistant to:
- Promote effective communication within the hospital
- Adhere to the hospital / clinic and nursing policies, procedures and standards
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Contribute to the achievement of the hospital budget by promoting the cost effective utilisation of resources
- Report to the lead nurse any queries or concerns
- Support colleagues and work co-operatively to promote good team morale
- Respond appropriately to telephone calls
- Be able to initiate clinic emergency policies and procedures
- Participate in personal development and appraisal system
- Become competent in the use of the in-house computer system
- Show initiative and work as a team
- Take a lead on problem solving when required
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- NVQ level 2 or 3 or committed to working towards an NVQ award
- Presently working in an acute hospital environment
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer care
- IT skills
- 1 – 2 years minimum experience in a healthcare or “caring” environment, within private healthcare would be an advantage
- Have Basic Life Support training
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
The Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital, an acute care hospital, registered for 17 beds, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with a special emphasis in Cosmetic Surgery.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.