Healthcare Assistant (Stock and Purchasing)
Location: 9 Harley Street, 25 Harley Street
The salary for this role is up to £23,000 + benefits depending on experience
The purpose of the role
Joining our outpatient department nursing teams, the Healthcare assistant will be responsible for stock and purchasing. They will ensure consumables and equipment are available for clinics and procedures and be responsible for the stock count and for ordering consumables. They will help the clinical team with daily responsibilities; daily checks and cleaning, preparation for clinics, printing and scanning of documents and assist doctors with chaperoning. It’s essential that the candidate has experience from the healthcare sector
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of clinical care, and first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. You will be an enthusiastic and committed team player with a flexible attitude and physically able to carry out the role. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work autonomously and interact effectively within a multi-professional team.
- Be familiar with consumables and equipment within the department.
- Ensuring consumables and equipment are in stock for all clinics and procedures.
- Ordering of consumables and stationaries.
- Build relationships with suppliers.
- Have awareness of costs and able to find the most cost-efficient solutions.
- Stocking of the department.
- Weekly to monthly stock counts.
- Helping with ensuring the department is clean and tidy during the day.
- Helping with ensuring rooms are ready for consultants and their clinics.
- Helping with scanning and uploading forms and documents.
- Helping with chaperoning
- Assist doctors during clinics
- Be aware of resource implications and aim for cost-effective care delivery.
- Ensure promotion of well-being and safety for the patients, staff and other visitors to the clinical area.
- Report all incidents and complaints to the Line Manager and ensure the appropriate documentation is completed.
- Ensure all equipment used is maintained in good working order and its location monitored.
- Ensure that all management recommendations and consultations of patients are recorded in nursing and medical notes, ensuring that all documentation is maintained to a high standard.
- Professional Development and Research
- Ensures that practice is in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the achievements of the targets set by the company.
- The post holder must ensure that mandatory training is completed and attended. Ensure Health and safety at work requirements are maintained and observed.
- Demonstrate an awareness of clinical governance issues.
- Take responsibility for personal development and education with regard to performance review objectives.
- Identify own learning needs.
- To actively participate in both formal and informal teaching programs for all staff within the company.
Communication and Audit
- To ensure compliance with effective mechanisms that are in place within the team so that all information is disseminated to all members of the team.
- To actively participate in the audit cycle and clinical governance issues, implementing recommendations for practice.
- To know clinic policies and procedures and to ensure that they are followed.
- To develop and maintain a network of contacts both locally and nationally and be proactive in disseminating.
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at both 9 and 25 Harley Street, impressive outpatient and diagnostic centres dedicated to providing the highest quality of private healthcare.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.