Role: Communications and Events Assistant
Location: Central London
The salary for this role is Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Phoenix Hospital Group is a dynamic, fast growing independent hospital group which currently operates two hospitals in central London and Essex and two Harley Street outpatient and diagnostic centres.
This is an exciting new role and a unique opportunity to join a growing private healthcare provider where you can really make your mark, develop your communications skills and expand the role to meet a growing business.
We are looking for a talented communicator to join our marketing team, where you will lead on our internal and external comms and implementing our stakeholder engagement strategy. You will deliver engaging internal & external communications and successful events to showcase the capabilities of Phoenix Hospital Group (PHG) to our stakeholders. Playing a leading hand in delivering core messages; fostering team work and increasing staff & clinical engagement, you will be key part of our marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an annual communications calendar for key stakeholders that will increase engagement
- Plan, organise and deliver networking and educational events that will connect PHC stakeholders (e.g. consultants, GPs, patients) and increase patient referrals
- Plan, organise and deliver staff events (e.g. Christmas/Summer parties) to motivate and thank staff.
- Prepare and deliver regular e-newsletter to key stakeholders (including staff & consultants) constantly striving to increase engagement rates
- Manage Phoenix Intranet to ensure existing content is kept up to date and new content added to ensure compliance with CQC requirements
- Communicate and engage employees with the company’s vision, mission and values to ensure it is fully embraced, supported and remembered
- Update and produce Consultant Directory on an annual basis and distribute to relevant audiences
- Support the HR function with staff communications and engagement activity, to include staff induction, staff award schemes, staff survey & exit reviews
- Support Governance Team with developing communications to ensure CQC compliance and staff safety
- Support other ad-hoc stakeholder communications as appropriate and necessary
- Be an active and involved member of the marketing team taking on ad hoc tasks and projects as requested
- Champion excellence in all activities and be an ambassador for all Phoenix Hospital Group facilities and services;
- Any other reasonable request as requested by management.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level, (ideally Marketing/Comms/PR)
- A marketing all-rounder, with online/offline marketing & internal/external comms expertise
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to write engaging and compelling copy for a range of audiences and purposes
- Outstanding interpersonal, stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Some experience of managing and delivering events is an advantage
- A proficient user of MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using a range of marketing tools and systems such as Wordpress, MailChimp, Canva would be an advantage
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to prioritise a busy workload with competing priorities.
- An adaptable team player, who’s happy working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management skills
- Positive, professional and proactive manner, highly motivated with a will to succeed
- Brilliant ambassador
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Insurance
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now!