Role: Clinical Governance Nurse
Location: Harley Street
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: The salary for this role is up to £35,000 per annum + benefits
Phoenix Hospital Group is a rapidly growing, dynamic independent hospital group undergoing some exciting progress. To support with this, we are looking for a proactive Clinical Governance Nurse to join our fantastic Governance team. The role will be based in one of our beautiful clinics in central London.
- To play a participative and active role in ensuring clinical departments provide safe, high quality patient centric care.
- To ensure compliance with health and safety, quality, governance, policies and procedure.
- Act as a guide for ensuring all services are legally registered within the statutory and regulatory frameworks and are meeting the CQC essential standards and outcomes.
- To be a proactive member of the Clinical Governance department and to participate in projects and tasks as required.
- To act as an ambassador for Phoenix Hospital Group with Consultants, Staff, patients and visitors.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the delivery of services ensuring safe practice and adherence to Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards.
- To ensure effective systems and processes are in place to satisfy CQC requirements consistently.
- To develop effective system to regular review and improve patient satisfaction & quality.
- To manage the development and implementation of governance policies and procedures in line with current good practice, and to identify and advise on governance issues, as required.
- To ensure that systems are in place to enable Phoenix Hospital Group to comply with its statutory reporting requirements.
- To work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including the Professional Standards Authority and other regulators.
- Deal with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide advice and support on all other regulatory and compliance matters which may arise from time to time and to lead where appropriate on the delivery of any compliance requirements (e.g. Data Protection).
- Respond to any complaints which may arise and manage any responses required as necessary from the Chief Executive.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with this post.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Must be a Registered General Nurse with recent clinical experience.
- General clinical experience in an acute clinical setting.
- Experience of involvement in Quality, Regulatory Compliance, Governance and risk management frameworks- desirable
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good financial awareness
- Knowledge of NMC and HPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Health & Social Care Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
We value our staff members and want them to feel motivated and rewarded. We offer a competitive package of benefits to all permanent staff members of Phoenix Hospital Group including:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Insurance
- Subsidised restaurant at Weymouth Street Hospital
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme
If you think you will be a great fit, please apply below!