Role: Charge Nurse – Outpatients
Work hours: Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays
Location: 9 and 25 Harley Street
The purpose of the role
- To provide effective leadership at all times, but in particular in the absence of the Outpatients Nurse Manager
- Ensure that each member of the nursing team are following company policies and protocols at all times
- To ensure that standards of patients care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the nursing team
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times
We are looking for someone who is positive, proactive and a good team-player. You must be organised, good at problem solving and enjoy a dynamic environment where things can change with short notice.
You must take pride in delivering a first-class service to patients and consultants. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
Key accountabilities & output
- Work autonomously and interact effectively within a multi- professional team.
- Assist consultants during clinics and minor op procedures.
- See patients for post op dressings, IV infusions, injections and similar.
- To take a pro-active approach to the development of clinical skills within the clinic ensuring that practice reflects local standards and policies and are in keeping with relevant professional standards.
- Demonstrate clinical excellence within the outpatient specialities e.g. Gynaecology, Dermatology, ENT, Urology, Aesthetic procedures, PRP.
- Participate in the writing of Nurse Protocols and work within their framework.
- Demonstrate competencies in extended roles such as ECG taking, cannulation and venepuncture
- Allocate staffing for the different clinics and raise any staffing issues with the nurse manger.
- Approve procedures, any added consultant clinics and more.
- Be aware of the implications of any cancelled or declined procedures and clinics.
- Be aware of resource implications and aim for cost effective care delivery.
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- NMC registration
- Minimum 6 years post registration experience
- Minimum 2 years as band 6-7 or equal position
- Experience from the private sector a benefit
- Experience within one or more of the following areas: Theatre, cosmetic surgery, general surgery, gynaecology.
- Skilled in venepuncture and cannulation
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer care
- IT skills
- An environment with teams that work well together
- Flexibility; we try to create a rota that suit you week to week
- Annual leave entitlement of 33 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Life insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Staff Referral scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at 9 and 25 Harley Street, an impressive outpatient and diagnostic centres dedicated to providing the highest quality of private healthcare.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.