Role: Billing Officer
The salary for this role is Competitive + benefits
The successful candidate will be a strong team player with the ability to work flexibly and demonstrate tact and diplomacy. They will show a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and will demonstrate strong problem-solving skills. The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure are essential as well as the ability to show commercial acumen and seek opportunities to maximise revenue and return on capital.
- Prepares and submits invoices related to patient services on daily basis
- Transmits claims to insurances, third parties and patients within 48 – 72 hours
- Healthcode submissions and verification of entries
- Verifies that all chargeable supplies/services are correctly captured and billed
- Ensuring all invoices are raised in adherence to the contract rules and timetables
- Resolve billing queries in a professional and efficient manner
- To make improvements to processes, procedures and policies when necessary
- To act as an ambassador of Phoenix with patients, referrers and other stakeholders
- To perform any other functions required to assist The Revenue Team to set and achieve agreed service to meet its overall goals and objectives
Required skills & experience
- Previous finance admin experience is essential
- Previous admin or finance experience within a healthcare environment is desirable
- Understanding of private healthcare billing is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Focus on excellence and customer service
- Well-developed systems skills including use of Excel and ideally Compucare/Lumeon/ Clinic Office
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.