Bank Staff Nurse (Ward)
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
The pay rate for this role is from £22 per hour
The purpose of the role
This role will ensure that standards of patients care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the nursing team. The role holder will promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors and ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times. They will assist senior staff in the management of the hospital and provide effective leadership and management in their absence.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of clinical care, and first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. You will be an enthusiastic, confident and committed team player with a flexible attitude and physically able to carry out the role. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care with an evidence-based approach, providing a high standard of clinical and customer care to all patients
- Assist with the creation and review of patient centered standards of care
- Understand the role of the Ward Manager and support them in achieving hospital business plan
- Promote an environment receptive to change
- Attend and participate in ward meetings
- Participate in the mentorship of HCA’s and new starters
- Provide a supportive environment staff
- Support colleagues and work co-operatively to promote good team morale on the ward
- Identify areas for personal and professional development plus that of junior staff
- Maintain and expand professional knowledge participating in nursing/hospital educational programs
- Be able to initiate hospital emergency procedures
- Assist in the provision of a ward environment conducive to learning
- Act as a professional and positive role model all to colleagues
- Involve all staff in the ward team
- Adhere to nursing and hospital policies
- Complete an orientation program for new staff
- Effective communication with team members and other colleagues in the hospital
- Understand how your actions impact the marketing of the hospital
- Respond to telephone calls appropriately
- Resolve patient/customer concerns where possible and escalate issues if not resolved
- Promote cost-effective utilization of resources
- Become competent in the use of the in-house computer system
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required and requested by the Ward Manager and other senior staff
- Taking of blood samples as required
- Post-operative dressings as required
- Making appointments for radiology test as required
- Chaperoning patients as required
- Ensuring all charges are recorded and processed accurately and in a timely way
- Support minor procedures i.e. ENT, dermatology and podiatry
- Maintaining the consulting rooms and ensuring these are organized and welcoming to Consultants, patients and visitors
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- Registered Nurse with 2+ years post qualification experience
- Presently working in an acute hospital environment – essential
- Experience in a private hospital environment -desirable
- Experience in mentoring colleagues and HCA’s Enthusiastic and committed, a team player, flexible, physically able to carry out the role, sensitive to patient needs
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital, an acute care hospital, registered for 17 beds, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with a special emphasis in Cosmetic Surgery with some of the country’s leading NHS and Private Consultants using our facilities.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.