Job title: Bank Sleep Study Technician
Location: Weymouth Street Hospital
Hours: Bank – Night shift only
Pay rate: £15 per hour
The purpose of the role
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, the Sleep Technician will ensure that the highest standards of patient and customer care are maintained at all times. They will promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors to the hospital and assist in the pre-operative and post-operative care of patients.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of clinical care, and first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. You will be an enthusiastic and committed team player with a flexible attitude and physically able to carry out the role. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
Key accountabilities & output
- Admission of patient from Reception to patient room.
- Obtaining vital signs, review patient medical history, accurate documentation on the notes.
- Refer patient records to the Nurse or RMO all vital signs taken and medical history on admission.
- Explain to patient the nature of the procedure and prepare patient for the procedure.
- Setting up the equipment needed ensuring the computer is working and no troubleshooting.
- Attach equipment to patient body and ensure they are comfortable.
- Perform patient calibration.
- Monitor patient on the computer overnight and record hourly of the patient progress.
- Ensure that equipment and computer are working properly at all times.
- Escalate emergency situation with the Nurse or RMO on duty.
- Ensuring patient notes are documented, all charges are recorded and processed accurately.
Required qualifications, skills & knowledge
- NVQ level 2 or 3 or committed to working towards an NVQ award
- Presently working in an acute hospital environment
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer care
- IT skills
- 1 – 2 years minimum experience in a healthcare or “caring” environment, within private healthcare would be an advantage
- Have Basic Life Support training
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
The Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at the Weymouth Street Hospital, an acute care hospital, registered for 17 beds, accepting planned and emergency/urgent surgical admissions with a special emphasis in Cosmetic Surgery.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.