Role: Rotational Radiographer
Location: 9 Harley Street
The purpose of the role
- To assist in the provision of an efficient radiology service.
- To work as part of a professional radiography team providing a high quality diagnostic service.
- To maintain a sensitive and courteous approach to patients.
- To develop and improve professional expertise via continuous professional development (CPD).
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- To carry out radiographic examinations across a range of modalities to the agreed standard of the department.
- To maintain a high standard of patient care and comfort and be patient focused at all times.
- To work in an efficient and effective manner at all times.
- To appear on duty promptly and appropriately dressed and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- To plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- To vet request forms for validity and appropriateness.
- To determine whether repeat X-rays or extra projections are required.
- To undertake IV injections in line with departmental policy.
- To report any untoward incidents and equipment failure to the area superintendent radiographer.
- To work unsupervised as and when required.
- To work using own initiative but be aware own limitations and seek guidance when necessary.
- To work flexibly based on requirements of service.
- To carry out duties which may be considered necessary and consistent with the responsibilities of the post
- Commitment to active participation for the out of hours service and perform rostered duties as part of contractual hours
- Complete high quality examinations consistent with ALARA
- Supervise junior staff consistent with company and local policies and procedures
Required skills & experience
- BSc(Hons) Radiography, DCR(D) Diploma of the College of Radiographers or equivalent
- Health Professions Council Registration
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to teach and mentor more junior staff and new members of staff.
- Ability to cope with work pressures and manage time effectively
- Ability to cope with conflict and complaints at local level commensurate with Trust policies
- Ability to make prompt decisions based on knowledge, experience and circumstances
- Ability to work using own initiative but also to know when to seek assistance and guidance.
- Basic computer and keyboard skills.
- Keep all records up to date in a clear, accurate and concise manner on a day-to-day basis
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
This role is based at 9/25 Harley Street, an impressive outpatient and diagnostic centre dedicated to providing the highest quality of private healthcare.
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.