Role: Admin Assistant to Director of Operations
Contract: Permanent, full-time
The purpose of the role
A varied role that requires the post holder to support the Director of Operations, London. You must be highly effective at all times in a professional, reliable and responsible manner. A position of trust where you will be expected to undertake any administration as required in accordance with the regulatory and governance framework.
You will provide day to day administrative support to the Director, alongside any other senior staff or Directors as needs arise. This will involve a broad portfolio of relationships and tasks which demand strong communication and coordination skills, alongside impeccable attention to detail and organisation. You will also provide admin support to the various committees whilst liaising with other Senior Managers to support meetings, complaints management and other administrative tasks.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in delighting patients through exceptional care. If you take professional satisfaction in feeling proud of your level of first-class service at the end of each day, you may be a good fit, around like-minded colleagues. Being sensitive to patient and consultant needs will be at the core of everything you do.
- Support the Director of Operations to include but not limited to: diary management; point of contact for internal and external calls and accurate relay of associated messages; screen calls and visitors as appropriate; management of correspondence and e-mails; co-ordination of electronic diary; raising timely action points; well presented data reports, and other documentation as required.
- Present an engaging, cooperative and professional image.
- Support with all other administrative functions including liaison with finance, Purchase Order management, circulation of papers to ensure the smooth running of the functions
- Management of meeting documentation relative to the Director and the Governance framework to include: timely issue of agenda and associated documentation; attending meetings to produce minutes and circulate as appropriate to the meeting.
- Communications: appropriate communications with all hospital and outpatient and diagnostic staff, patients, Consultants, shareholders, regulatory bodies and Board members.
- Respect the confidential nature of all telephone calls and correspondence and maintain confidentiality of all information handled, staff personnel files, financial information and development work.
- Work closely with the Senior managers to help ensure timely completion of complaints and prevent escalation.
- Support on boarding of new Consultants.
- To assist the Director in ensuring that governance and legal arrangements (both corporate and clinical) are of the highest possible standards.
- To provide such project support and input to other Phoenix projects as may reasonably be required.
- Assist with production of formatting of reports and investigations for presentation both internally and externally.
Required skills & experience
- Educated to A level standard or similar
- Business and management principles and practices
- Office administrative procedures
- Collaborative work style and commitment to finish the task
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Enjoys working within a small team environment
- Uses own initiative and can work independently
- Accurate data and information management
- Experience of working within a multi-professional team
- Proven track record in office administration
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Outlook , Word and Excel
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional clinical care to all patients, in a very supportive environment.
Phoenix Hospital Group has four sites encompassing two London outpatient centres: 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street, and two hospitals: Weymouth Street Hospital (London) and Phoenix Hospital Chelmsford (Essex).
If you think you would be a great fit, apply now.